Autoclave Parts Cannot Last Forever, Some Require Replacement
by dewi susanti
An autoclave is a sterilizer instrument which is very essential in many applications such as in hospitals, tattoo and body art studios, beauty as well as in medical and research laboratories. Its main purpose is to sterilize other equipment to make them free from any possible microorganism contamination. Sterilization process ensures that there is no possible contraction of infections in case the same medical or surgical equipment is used on various patients.
The Basic Autoclave Parts
Autoclave parts are basically four in number, namely:
1. Water intake – this provides the water used to produce the steam that is used in sterilization process. Large models have their water intake connected to a continuous water supply whereas smaller models usually have a reservoir that is filled with water periodically.
2. The chamber – refers to the space that accommodates the load to be sterilized. This chamber contains wire racks that hold items to be sterilized so that steam can penetrate them. The chamber is accessible via an air-tight door which automatically closes and can only open when sterilization process is finished. This ensures safety for the operator and also perfect disinfection.
3. The control panel – allows for users’ customized settings. The control panel controls temperature, pressure and time for the autoclave process. Some loads will require higher temperatures than others. Other items will require more time inside the autoclave so as to achieve their maximum sterility. The user can vary these parameters straight from the control panel.
4. Air pump system – this system pumps out air from the chamber so as to create a vacuum which will then be filled with steam. It is important to remove the air so as to avoid any chemical reactions between the steam and the loads to be sterilized.
Autoclave Parts Maintenance and Repair
The chamber in which all the sterilization is done should be an air-free and air-tight zone. The air in the chamber should be removed either through vacuum pumping, steam pulsing and pumping, or upward displacement of air by steam.
Once the zone has been made a vacuum, air should be prevented from entering again during the cleansing process. Hence, the door is the most important of all the autoclave parts.
The door usually contains an insulation pad, which can wear and lose its air-tight properties with time. This pad gets thinner, folds in and loses its insulating properties. This then calls for a quick response to its replacement so as to keep the autoclave fully operational without faults.
It is easy to do it yourself without the help of a technician though it is recommended you call for assistance from autoclave technicians.
Autoclave parts and components are very delicate. Another part that can cause headache when it fails is the air jet valve. Most people go to autoclave spare parts dealers to buy a spare part and on reaching home; they find out that they didn’t purchase the right one.
That’s why I said it is recommended to work closely with a technician who can advise you on the right one to buy. The issue of the air jet valve is related to the two models of autoclaves; the Black Top and Red Top models. You should be able to clearly differentiate the two models.
Incoming search terms:
- parts and functions of autoclave
- parts of autoclave
- parts of autoclave and its functions
- parts of an autoclave
- autoclave parts and functions
- laboratory autoclave parts and functions
- autoclave parts and function
- parts of autoclave and their function
- autoclave machine parts
- parts and function of autoclave
- functions of the parts of an autoclave
- parts and functions of an Autoclave
- parts of autoclave and their functions
- name the four different parts of the autoclave
- parts of autoclave machine
- differant part of autoclove
- parts of autoc
- parys of auto clave machine
- Part of autoclav
- 2 parts of autoclave
- functions of parts of the autoclave
- four different parts of autoclave
- autoclave parts and their function
- autoclave parts and their functii
- autoclave names of parts
- autoclave machine nomenclature
- various parts of autoclave